I actually bought a package of cheap squirt guns years ago, to keep my pets off my couch. It worked, with Buddy. Luci was always good about getting off the couch when I told her to. But Buddy. tell him to get off the couch, or try to push him off, and he just rolls over. Buddy is a large cat, probably weighs around thirty pounds, and pushing him off the couch is not easy.
But I found that one shot with a squirt gun is all that’s needed to get Buddy off the couch. I should’ve stuck with that, but I didn’t. So, I’d get dog and cat hair on my couches and then, eventually, Buddy would pee on them. I now think Buddy peed on the couches because of stray cats coming near the house. The couches were always near windows. He never peed on my armchairs, which were never near windows. So, I think it was stray cats.
Anyway, after getting this couch and chair from my mom and dad, even though I have waterproof covers on them, I decided I’m going to try keeping my pets off them. Luci hasn’t even gotten onto them yet, but she might the first time I leave the house.
Buddy had gotten onto the couch and chair a few times. When it was too difficult to push him off, I remembered the squirt guns. I loaded one and shot him once, and off he goes. I think he’s getting the message. He’s now lying in the pet bed next to my desk.
And the binoculars. I bought the binoculars a few weeks ago. Although I can see the game just fine from across the room, my eyesight is such that I have difficulties seeing the scores and the clock, or whatever, from across the room. I always had to get up and move closer to the TV to read that information and I was tired of it.
So, I came up with a solution. I bought these binoculars for seven bucks. Now when I want to see the score or the clock, or the inning or how many outs, or any of the information, I don’t have to get up. I just lift the binoculars to my eyes and look.
The Lions beat the Dolphins, 32-21.
After more than a year of not having a couch, I now have a couch and chair that both recline. Though I have protective covers on them, I’m going to try keeping my pets off them.
One of my biggest fears is drowning. When I was a kid, a boat that a friend and I were in flipped. I never learned to swim and would have drowned if my friend hadn’t pulled me out. Since then I’ve been having dreams that involve me getting stuck in waterways and floods.
I just woke up from one where my mom, me and someone else were on a walkway under a bridge. I fell and slid down the concrete slope into the canal. The water was.no higher than my ankles, but it was slowly rising. The slope was too steep to climb.
I thought my mom was saying something about some steps to my left. I looked over, but all I saw was the mouth of a big pipe that water was passing through.
I started moving that way to see what my mom was talking about, but the closer I got to the pipe the deeper the water became, and then my mom was telling me not to go that way. So, I moved back to where I was. I was starting to panic when I woke up.
This is Daisy. My mom and dad’s dog. Today she was having bad seizures and the vet euthanized her. I took this picture a few weeks ago. She could hardly hear or see these past few weeks, it was a wonder she continued to greet me when I came in the door.
Daisy had been part of the family for, I think, fifteen years. When she was a pup, she was found at Fick’s, the store up the road from my mom and dad’s house. The store was keeping her in a pen until someone adopted her.
My mom decided she wanted Daisy. She went to the store, but a lady had gotten there before her and they were trying to get Daisy in her car. So, my mom left without saying anything.
Later, my mom went back to the store and Daisy was still there. Turns out they were unable to get Daisy to stay in the lady’s car and the lady had given up. When they put Daisy in my mom’s car, Daisy jumped into the passenger seat and sat there.
It’s going to be strange when I’m not greeted by Daisy next time I’m at Mom and Dad’s house.
1. Do you like blue cheese? With chicken wings, yes.
2. Coke or Pepsi? Both
3. Do you own a gun? Several…
4. What flavor of Kool-aid? Lemonade
5. Hot dogs? Yes.
6. Favorite TV show? I’ve been watching Friends on Netflix.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? Not really, but sometimes I get creeped out when my imagination gets ahead of me.
8. What do you drink first thing in the morning? Orange juice, tea, pop or beer. Could be any of those.
9. Can you do a push-up? Yes
10. Favorite jewellery? I don’t have jewelry.
11. Favorite hobby? Target shooting
12. Do you have ADD? I don’t think so, but some people think I do.
13. Do you wear glasses? Yes
14. Favorite cartoon character? Bugs Bunny
15. Three things I did last night: Watched the Tigers, watched a few episodes of Friends, went to bed.
16. Three drinks you drink regularly? Orange juice, iced tea, beer
17. Current worries: A certain someone I care about who lives in a less pleasent area of Flint.
18. Do you believe in magic? There are many kinds of magics.
19. Favorite place to be? Home
20. How did you ring in the New Year? Didn’t do anything special.
21. Where would you like to go? Hunting
22. Name five people who would do this? No
23. Favorite movie? The Bourne Identity
24. Favorite color? blue
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t know if I ever had.
26. Can you whistle? Somewhat
27. Where are you now? In my office.
28. Where would you rather be right now? Hard to say.
29. Favorite Food? Steak
30. Least favorite chore? Don’t think I have one.
32. What’s in your pockets? Keys and magnifying glass.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? I guffawed when one of Tom Brady’s passes was intercepted a while ago.
34. Favorite animal? Dogs and cats
35. What’s your most recent injury? I seem to have done something to my left elbow. Might not be able to hunt with the regular bow this year like I had planned.
36. How many TV’s are in your house? One
37. Worst pain ever? Can’t say
38. Do you like to dance? In private
39. Are your parents still alive? Yes
40. Do you like camping? I haven’t been camping in forever. I’m not really interested in camping, unless it involves hunting.
I’ve been without a couch for over a year now. I have to take my office chairs into the living room if I want somewhere comfortable to sit while watching my sport teams. I would like to get a sectional couch, but it might be a while before I can.
My mom and dad plan to get new furniture, and they offered me their old couch and armchair. But after losing three couches to pets, I don’t want to take any chances.
I ordered these waterproof covers, so they would be here when we bring over the couch and chair. The reviews of these covers are mostly good, though a couple reviews say the covers don’t stay up very well.
I have some ideas of how to get the covers to stay up and I’ll make something work. If I have to staple them down, I will. I’m having a meeting at my house next week, so I hope we can get the couch and chair over before then.